Sheri Herndon on Awakening to a Beautiful Future
Sheri Herndon, cofounder of the global Indymedia network, joins for a truly inspiring conversation. In this episode, Jared describes her as a lead guitarist "wisdom jamming." She gives us both a vision and a felt sense of the world that, in our hearts, we want to create.
Sheri Herndon cofounded IndyMedia.org, a global grassroots media network, 20 years ago. She is now cofounding MetaTao and Awakening Together to serve awakening to our greatest personal and social potential, synergistic and co-creative sense-making and movement building toward greater freedom and wisdom, and co-creating foundations for an enlightened civilization. MetaTao is a trim tab agency for the foundations for new culture.
Listen to Sheri’s meditation, Deepening Into Essence. Contact Sheri / learn more about her work via SheriHerndon.com or facebook.com/SheriHerndon.
- Donella Meadows, Dancing with Living Systems
- Joseph Chilton Pierce, The Magical Child — On passionate intent and unconflicted behavior
- Tikkun Olam
- Barbara Marx Hubbard
- Trim tab
- The Queen Mary’s rudder
- Jesus’ Aramaic translations
- Be like the lilies of the Valley
- Ask body and deeply for your greatest heart’s desire, for coded in that desire is the blueprint of your evolutionary potential
- Wake Up, Grow up, Clean up (do the trauma work), Show up
- Elisabet Sahtouris, evolutionary biologist
- Richard Rudd the shift
- We are electromagnetic beings
- We are the body electric
- Original sin
- Original blessing
- Matthew Fox
- Paul Ray, The Cultural Creatives, “we are not alone”
- The Supreme Satijinanda - the supreme infinite now
- Zack Stein, Education in a Time Between Worlds
- Joanna Macy, Work That Reconnects
- Rugged Individualism
- Living Systems, the Internet, and the Human Future (Sahtouris, 2000)
- Waste = Food
- Cradle to Cradle
- Closed loop systems
- Mycelial web
“The core break is: we put ourselves above nature.”
“We have been sitting inside dissonant structures our entire lives.”
'It starts with trusting yourself so deeply. Know that you can't make any mistakes. You're only going to learn and be guided."
"We forget to ask for help. Ask for help and listen."
“Feedback is so important in human relationships because it means you’re growing. And in a living system, like trees —they know! (They) get the resources where they need to go, that’s the intelligence of a living system.”